Save the Date for the Fall 2021 Rice Data Science Career Mixer!
Date: Thursday, September 16
Time: 5 pm -7 pm (Central Time)
Location: Online (Link will be provided upon registration)
The Rice Data Science Career Mixer provides an excellent networking opportunity, bringing together Rice students and top companies to connect and discuss potential career opportunities in computational and data science fields.
In an abundance of caution, this year’s Career Mixer will be hosted online, where students can "hop" in and out from one virtual room to another to connect with companies and alumni.
5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.: Welcome and Company Presentations
5:45 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Networking and Breakout Session
For Companies and Alumni:
What to expect
Brand your organization in a casual mixer to highlight job and internship opportunities.
Connect with talented Rice data science and computational students (both undergraduate and professional masters students from data science, computer science, statistics, electrical and computer engineering and more! We are expecting 200+ students to attend.
Meet students and answer questions about data science in your industry.
How to register
Interested in hosting a virtual booth at the Career Mixer? Please fill out the registration form by Friday, September 3. The event is free for companies and alumni to attend! A suggested donation of $500 or more will make a big difference in supporting data science and computational students at Rice!
Why you should attend
- Get a head start to prepare for your career.
- Explore data science jobs and internship opportunities in various fields (tech, health, finance, energy industries, and government agencies.)
- Connect with alumni and industry professionals and hear their experience working as a data scientist, data analyst, AI/ML engineer and more.
Set for Success:
- Enter the Career Mixer Virtual space on September 16 at 5 PM (CST). Companies will give a pitch at the beginning of the event, so don't be late.
- Visit all the booths and talk to as many companies as you like. Follow up with recruiters after the event if you have additional questions.
- (Optional) Upload your resume to the BOX folder. Attending companies will have access to the folder after the event.
List of Companies:
- Aimpoint Digital
- BeONE Sports
- BroadVail Capital Partners
- Goldman Sachs
- Medical Informatics Corporation
- Moksha Data
- Quantum New Energy
- Radix Trading
Email us at email@example.com with any questions you might have.
We look forward to seeing you at the Data Science Career Mixer!